In France, there are lots of small wine shops, but the majority of all wine is sold in supermarkets. This is especially true of Champagne as Christmas approaches. Which brands are the bestsellers? Here is the top ten list where the leading brand Nicolas Feuillatte is the biggest by a large margin.
- Nicolas Feuillatte (succesful cooperative)
- Alfred Rothschild (Lanson)
- Charles Lafitte (Vranken-Pommery Monopole)
- Mumm (Pernod-Ricard)
- Heidsieck Monopole (Vranken-Pommery Monopole)
- Montaudon (Alliance Champagne, a co-operative)
- Chanoine (Lanson)
- Charles De Cazanove (G.H. Martel & Co)
- De Castellane (Laurent-Perrier)
Read more: rayon-boissons
Read: If you want to be a bit more original and drink other things that the big house brands, you can choose among hundreds of grower champagne that you can read about in our Champagne book.
Travel: Taste many excellent champagnes on the wine tour to Champagne with BKWine.