To have a “coup de cœur” in French means that you instantly fall in love with something, it could be anything, for instance a wine.
In the wine competition “Coup de Cœur des femmes journalistes” female journalists are supposed to find their coup de coeur among award-winning wines made by some of the many co-operatives in Languedoc-Roussillon.
I was one of the journalists in the jury and at the beginning of June we all gathered in Limoux in the beautiful south-western part of Languedoc to meet representatives from the coops and to taste their wines.
This was the 17th “Coup de Cœur des femmes journalistes” so it is now a classic among wine competitions. And every year our mission is to select three “coup de coeur”, one for each colour, among 57 wines that were awarded a gold medal in the “Concours Régional des vins de la coopération”. This competition took place in March this year and 74 cooperatives competed with in total 542 wines.
I was in the rosé group and after having tasted through all wines, around 20, I was truly impressed by the quality of the wines. Of course they had all won gold medals but still, it is amazing how good a rosé wine can taste nowadays. I actually had 3 favourites but after discussions in the group I had to agree to another Coup de Coeur. But I liked that one as well.
First, the winners:
- Coup de Coeur, Rosé: Les Terrasses Cévenoles Rosé 2011, Le Cigalois
IGP Cévennes, 3.20 euro (consumer price)
- Coup de Cœur, Red: Les Vignerons des Cers Portiragnes, In Vino Erotico Rouge 2010
IGP Coteaux du Libron, 5.70 euro
- Coup de Cœur, White: Les Vignerons d’Alignan du Vent, Neffiès, Domaine des Montarels Chardonnay 2010
IGP Côtes de Thongue, 6.80 euro
My own personal favourites among the rosé wines:
- Moulin d’Eole, AOP Costières de Nimes, Rosé 2011, 4.20 euro
- Code Séduction, Syrah, IGP Pays d’Oc, Rosé 2011, Les Vignerons des Cers Portiragnes, 3.95 euro
- La Garrigue Rosé 2011, AOC Languedoc La Clape, La Vendémiaire, 4.90 euro
- Extrême Gris Rosé 2011, AOC Languedoc, Montpeyroux Cooperative Artisanale, 4.50 euro
This post is also available in: Swedish