People often say wines nowadays tend to taste the same. But isn’t it exactly the opposite? Take the New World. A few years ago, one might have talked about sameness. A few grape varieties dominated and the taste of the wines seemed to follow a certain template.
But today it is completely different. New varieties, new vineyard locations, brand new regions and, of course, new wine producers, show us new sides to these wine countries. Just look at Chile, once accused of being as boring and predictable as a Volvo.
This is absolutely not true anymore. Just look at these wines, as different as they come. Exciting and personal wines to taste! And there are more of them out there.
- Cacique Maravilla, Pipeño País 2017, Région del Sur, Secano Interior de Yumbel, ~10 euro
- Viejas Tinajas, Cinsault, 2015, De Martino, Région del Sur, Valle del Itata, ~20 euro
- Polkura Syrah 2014, Colchagua, ~18 euro
- Pirque Vineyard Lot #70, 2015, Garage Wine, Maipo, ~23 euro
- Vigno, Carignan Field-Blend, 2015, Garage Wine Maule, ~22 euro
- Montsecano Pinot Noir 2016, Chile, Aconcagua, ~28 euro
You can personally experience many of the fantastic Chilean wines on our wine tour to Chile and Argentina.
This post is also available in: Swedish