Uncorked: Under this heading we collect various wines that we have tasted, and liked, recently. It can be wines that we have had during dinner at home, at wine tastings, press lunches, visits to vineyards, or other occasions.
We describe the wines just with a few short sentences, tasting notes that we hope will give you a short but accurate impression of what we thought of the wine, without delving into finer points tasting notes.
On this month’s wine list:
- Bordeaux (Graves, Saint Julien, Castillon,…)
Some inspiration for more wine discoveries!
- Delphis de la Dauphine 2006, Fronsac, Bordeaux
The second wine of Château la Dauphine. Very pleasant Bordeaux in classic style. Some tannins, good fruit, cedar wood aromas.
- Alphonse Mellot : Les Penitens 2008 Pinot Noir, Vin de pays des Coteaux Charitois
Pinot aromas of red fruit, quite light and elegant. Juicy. The very small Vin de Pays des Coteaux Charitois is situated south of Pouilly-sur-Loire.
- Domaine Fernand & Laurent Pillot, Saint Aubin Sentier du Clou 1er Cru Blanc, Bourgogne
Powerful white Burgundy. A bit young and maybe a bit too oaky right now. But delicious nevertheless with some aromas of exotic fruit and a long, rich taste.
- Château Lagrange 1993, Saint Julien Grand Cru Classé, Bordeaux
Racy and mature Bordeaux, some earthy aromas, quite light and elegant.
- Savagnin Arbois 2008, La Cave de la Reine Jeanne, Jura
A typical wine from Jura with oxidized and nutty aromas. Amazing freshness. 24 months on oak. Delicious.
- Domaine Cébène Ex Arena 2010, IGP Pays d’Oc
Brigitte Chevalier makes this wine from 100 % Grenache even though it is hard to believe when you see the dark colour. Very good fruit, spicy, powerful, balanced. Very good.
- Château Respide-Medeville Graves 2010 Blanc Sec
Attractive white Bordeaux with citrus aromas and a good body. Blend of Semillon and Sauvignon blanc.
- Château La Clarière Laithwaite, Côtes de Castillon 2004
A lot of Bordeaux style in this wine. Tobacco, tannins, cedar wood. A bit dry in the finish. Very drinkable food wine.
- Hecht & Bannier, Bandol 2009
A illustrative Bandol with some tannins and tobacco aromas and warm fruit. Mourvèdre blended with Grenache och Cinsault. Hecht & Bannier is a high quality negociant specilized in appellation wines from southern France.
- Château Lestrille Capmartin Cuvée Tradition 2003, Bordeaux Supérieur (magnum)
A typical Bordeaux red, still quite young in style. Not at all what you would expect from the hot year of 2003. Delicious
- Champagne Godme Brut Integral
A complex champagne with no dosage. Dry but not too dry, quite balanced. Some earthy aromas but also toasty and grilled aromas.
- Marc Kreydenweiss, Ansata 2010, Vin de Pays du Gard
Fresh with minerality combined with a warm, southern fruit. The white wine specialist from Alsace, Marc Kreydenweiss, proves that you can make fresh white wines even under the hot sun in Costières de Nîmes.
This post is also available in: Swedish