There will be many dinners at home in the coming weeks. Here are some recommendations from producers we met on our tour in South Africa in February.
- Gabriëlskloof Amphora Sauvignon Blanc, Cape South Coast, Bot River, ~15 euro
- Gabriëlskloof No. 79893 The Blend, South Africa, ~15 euro
Family winery in Bot River, next to more famous Elgin. Gabriëlskloof is fortunate enough to have skilled Peter-Allan Finlayson as winemaker. Vibrant Sauvignon Blanc, full of character, that has matured 10 months in amphorae. Red Bordeaux blend with dark berries, soft tannin structure and fine and lively acidity.
- Crystallum The Agnes Chardonnay, Western Cape, ~20 euro
Full-bodied, classic Chardonnay from Peter Allan’s Finlayson’s own range of wines.
- Holden Manz Chenin Blanc 2017, Franschhoek, ~18 euro
Winery in southern Franschhoek with a winemaker from France, Thierry Haberer. Floral and expressive chenin with beautiful freshness.
- South Hill Sauvignon Blanc, Elgin, ~10 euro
Kevin King, his son Nick and their winemaker Sean Skibbe make wine in cool Elgin where the winds from the south coast influence the vineyards. This is an intense and tasty sauvignon with well-balanced freshness.
For more inspiration and wine experiences, join us on our wine tour to South Africa in March 2021.
You can see plenty of pictures and videos on our South Africa wine tour Facebook group.
This post is also available in: Swedish