TopMenuEN

Tag Archives | Pessac-Leognan

André Lurton, Bordeaux

A legend in Bordeaux dies

André Lurton died on May 16. He was 94 years old and a legend already during his lifetime. He was born at Château Bonnet where he lived throughout his life. André was one of those who in the 1970s began to change the white, dry Bordeaux wines. His fresh and aromatic Château Bonnet had great […]

Continue Reading
Tasting a few wines of various vintages at the chateau

Bordeaux: Médoc and Graves, an introduction

Médoc is the perfect location for viticulture with the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Gironde bay on the other. The vineyards are located along the Gironde and the pine forest along the Atlantic coast protects vineyards from rain and sea breezes. In total Médoc consists of 11 000 hectares, ie about one tenth […]

Continue Reading
Chateau Chateau de France, Bordeaux

Great Graves: white and red from Château de France, Pessac-Léognan, Bordeaux

There are some 8000 “chateaux” in Bordeaux. Of these 8000 it is less than 1% that have reached international fame, and often astronomical prices, and few that really have palatial buildings. Among the remaining 99% you can find plenty of exciting wines, often at very favourable prices considering the quality they offer. Not least in […]

Continue Reading
Sign up for our Newsletter!

In The BKWine Brief:

Enter your email to get it:

 
Make your friends happy!

And us too. Share & Like this!

Subscribe!

Time to book a wine tour?

Travel on a wine tour with us to Bordeaux, Champagne, Douro, Tuscany, Piedmont, South Africa, Chile-Argentina, and much more...

We know more about wine — and about organising exceptional wine tours — and will give you a better, more extraordinary wine and gourmet experience.

Book your wine tour here with BKWine Tours. Now!

Book a wine tour!