Even on the Swedish monopoly market there exists since a few years back wine auctions. It is of course the monopolist itself, the Systembolaget, who organises the auction. At the beginning of June they held the spring auction that ended with a final sales value of SEK 5.9 million Swedish kronor (640,000 euro), which was a record. 88% of the items were sold.
Some notable objects:
- Heidsieck Monopol Goût Americain, 1907, 1 bt, 24,000 SEK
- Château d’Yquem, 1899, 1 bt, 30,000 SEK
- Le Montrachet Marquis de Laguiche, 1985, 3 bts, 8,000 SEK
- Château Margaux, 1921, 1 bt, 20,000 SEK
- Château Pétrus, 1964, 1 magnum, 30,000 SEK
This post is also available in: Swedish