The Harbour House Restaurant in Kalk Bay has a fabulous location in the harbour with its feet in the water. One is glad that the windows are closed otherwise one would be completely soaked. Worth a visit both for the view and for the food. Much fish, of course, delivered fresh from the fishing boats [...]
Reuben’s is on the main street in the small town of Franschhoek, one of the most beautiful wine regions in South Africa. This is quite famous restaurant. It has a nice outdoor seating on a small court yard, calm and cool in the evening. The restaurant has a very high reputation. When we were there [...]
The Big Easy is owned by Ernie Els, golf player and wine producer. It opened in 2008 in an old Cape Dutch style house in central Stellenbosch, actually on the second oldest street in South Africa, according to what is said. It is elegant, relaxed and cozy, almost a bit clubby. There are several different [...]
Britt’s Friday Column
- Is it time to say that it does not matter if a wine is organic? It is best to judge organic wines on their quality, not by a philosophy
- Bernd Koppenhöfer on Alsace – dry or sweet?
- Oscar Quevedo on Using native yeast or selected yeast at Quevedo Wines in the Douro
- Let’s talk business: Why Planting Rights is a bad idea | BKWine Magazine on Freedom to the vines? Should planting rights be abolished?
- Johan Zälle on Using native yeast or selected yeast at Quevedo Wines in the Douro
- Bra artikel om naturlig jäst vs industriell : Terra del Vino on Using native yeast or selected yeast at Quevedo Wines in the Douro