Restaurants to try in and around Porto Porto is a great city to visit. For the wines of course, post and table wine, but also for its beauty and history. But we must confess that we have always found it challenging to find a good restaurant in Porto. We have found some, notably DOP. Look [...]
One of the best meals we have had in Portugal was here at DOP in Porto. It is in the old city centre in the Palácio das Artes near the old Stock Exchange (Bolsa) in Porto in northern Portugal, at the mouth of the Douro river. The decoration is modern and elegant, almost minimalist. Stylish [...]
Gemelli is one of the best restaurants we have been to in Lisbon – not that we have any claim to a wide experience. The chef is Augusto Gemelli who comes from Italy, which is something one also can see on the menu. The cuisine is actually more Italian than Portuguese: antipasti that includes salads [...]
The Chafariz do Vinho is primarily a wine bar. The restaurant element of it is modest although what they serve is very good. Architecturally and historically it is a curious place. The restaurant is located in what once was the end (the pumping station?) of an aqueduct and one can still almost feel the damp [...]
Britt’s Friday Column
- The five things you need to know about combining food and wine. Is it a science or just common sense?
- Bloggtips | VinoFino on The five things you need to know about combining food and wine
- Per Karlsson on The five things you need to know about combining food and wine
- Malgo on The five things you need to know about combining food and wine
- Bernd Koppenhöfer on Alsace – dry or sweet?
- Oscar Quevedo on Using native yeast or selected yeast at Quevedo Wines in the Douro