Jean-Hervé Chiquet talks about Jacquesson’s journey of liberating yourself from the non-vintage straight jacket in Champagne. Recently I was invited to a tasting with champagnes from Jacquesson Champagne. The tasting was organized by their Swedish importer Vinovum AB, and was held at Brasseri Bobonne, a modern French restaurant in Stockholm. Jean-Hervé Chiquet, co-owner and co-wine [...]
About Ulf BengtssonUlf Bengtsson skriver om vin under pseudonymen Red Scream på sin blogg Red scream and riesling, http://redscreamandriesling.blogspot.se/, en blogg som blandar vin, mat, fotografi och andra livsviktiga ämnen som deckare, Stockholmspromenader och sporadisk sport. Han finns även på Facebook.
100% Cabernet Sauvignon, plus some chardonnay and sauvignon blanc Stag’s Leap is a legendary wine producer in California. One of the first in California to make world class wines. Do they still? BKWine’s Ulf Bengtsson recently had the opportunity to verify if this is the case. It’s Tuesday and Stag’s Leap is visiting Stockholm. We [...]
A German-Italian-Austrian winemaker in the Rheingau Weingut Künstler is a family wine estate dating back to 1648. With roots in the Czech Republic and Hungary they are today located in Hochheim in Rheingau in Germany. Gunter Künstler was recently in Stockholm for a magnificent tasting and review of their wines. Ulf Bengtsson reports for BKWine. [...]
Bruno Paillard was recently in Stockholm for a tasting of his champagnes, organised by the wine importer Tryffelsvinet. Exciting wines, some unusual ones, and some absolutely delicious. BKWine’s Ulf Bengtsson reports on the champagnes. The wine importer Tryffelsvinet (The Truffles Pig) invited us to a tasting of a range of champagnes from Bruno Paillard, led [...]
Britt’s Friday Column
- Is it time to say that it does not matter if a wine is organic? It is best to judge organic wines on their quality, not by a philosophy
- Bernd Koppenhöfer on Alsace – dry or sweet?
- Oscar Quevedo on Using native yeast or selected yeast at Quevedo Wines in the Douro
- Let’s talk business: Why Planting Rights is a bad idea | BKWine Magazine on Freedom to the vines? Should planting rights be abolished?
- Johan Zälle on Using native yeast or selected yeast at Quevedo Wines in the Douro
- Bra artikel om naturlig jäst vs industriell : Terra del Vino on Using native yeast or selected yeast at Quevedo Wines in the Douro